3. Disabling Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
4. The Cookies We Set
This website may use some or all of the following types of cookie:
* Essential/necessary cookies – are required for the operation of our site. They enhance your experience of browsing our site and allow you to use features of the site
* Analytical cookies – allow us to collect information including how you reach our site, the device you use to browse our site and actions you take and features you use on our site. We use Google Analytics (a third-party) to collect this information and further details about how Google collects and processes the information can be found here
* Functionality cookies – enable us to recognise you on future visits to our site
* Session cookies – any of the above cookies may be session cookies. These cookies only last the duration of your visit and are automatically deleted when you leave our site
* Persistent cookies – any of the above cookies may be persistent cookies. These cookies are stored on your browsing device until they expire, or you delete them. Every persistent cookie has a fixed expiry date.
The cookies we place on your site adhere to the current cookie law. Cookies contain no details about you from which you can be easily identified. However, we do collect some personal data relating to your device – for example, your IP address.
5. Third Party Cookies
b. This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
c. The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
d. We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Juicer, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
6. More Information
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However, if you are still looking for more information you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
7. Our Details
Victoria Lodge Care Home, 11 Victoria Road, Acocks Green, Solihull, Warwickshire B27 7XZ